- 2 cups cranberries
- 2 apples
- 1 orange
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup of water (more or less depending on how juicy your fruit is)
- A little lemon juice
- Cranberry Salad
- Give the cranberries a bath in cold water.
- Core and peel the apples
- Peel orange into sections (save the peel)
- Place 1/2 of the orange peel in blender and pulse it til it's pretty fine. Add cranberries and apple sections and pulse til it's chopped fine, but not mushy. I like to chop the pecans separately.
- Now you mix it all up in a bowl. I like to dissolve the sugar in warm water. You can add more if you like it sweet, but the apples and oranges add their own sugar. Let the water cool before you put a little lemon juice in just to keep it fresh. If you want to hurry it up, add an ice cube to your sugar mixture.
- It can be made the night before and the flavors blend well in the fridge. This will be great on cold turkey sandwiches too!
This Cranberry Salad is full of antioxidants from apples and oranges. The pecans add some healthy protein, and can be low on the glycemic index. Good for urinary tract infections also! Top of your turkey sandwiches on Thanksgiving Day, or even use it as a desert!