Low Sodium Liver Loving Meatloaf is an old fashioned Southern dish with a high protein twist. Good for a Hepatitis C diet, this recipe has quinoa which is a great source of protein! Use bison, turkey or beef.
Great served warm with baked or mashed potatoes. It’s even better served as a cold sandwich the next day!
- 2 lbs. ground meat (bison, beef, turkey)
- 1 cup quinoa, 2 cups water
- 2/3 small can tomato sauce (no salt added)
- 1/2 C chopped bell pepper
- ½ C chopped onion
- 2 eggs
- Cook quinoa in water by bringing it to a boil and then reducing heat, allowing it to simmer about 12-15 minutes or til tender.
- Mix all ingredients in large bowl. I add a few shakes of Mrs. Dash spicy seasoning
- Put it in a baking dish that has been sprayed with olive oil.
- Bake at 375 covered with aluminum foil for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and pour remaining 1/3 of tomato sauce on top.
- Return to oven uncovered for 20 minutes or until edges are brown, but not dried out.
A variety of meat can be healthy protein for your liver. Be sure and use lean meat without a lot of added sodium. I buy 85% or more lean beef.
Low Sodium liver loving Meatloaf firstname.lastname@example.org